Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's a Little Painful to Admit, but ...

a letter sent to all d5R subscribers on 11/19/11 --  
getting nice feedback from the best remodeling community in the world!



Happy Saturday, remodeling pro.

Lots of remodelers tell me that selling is the least favorite part of their job. Well, I have to tell you that I’m probably worse at it than you. It’s amusing to recall my dad suggesting at one time that I go into sales, because after 14 months of wearing almost every hat in the tiny, exhausting, fun business of daily5REMODEL, I still squirm each time I even look at the sales hat.

On the other hand, I seriously like to help remodelers. That’s why I started d5R, and why I’m only squirming a little as I encourage you not to miss another week of life without d5R Premium. In other words, I’m asking you to upgrade your subscription if you haven't already.
Why?
  • For starters, I just lowered the price to $99 a year. Maybe I’m crazy, as d5R Premium is better than it was when it cost twice as much, but my new iPhone is worlds better than my first-generation iPod, and it cost less too. Hey, if it worked for Apple...
  • Second, like the iPhone, d5R Premium keeps getting better. It’s a solid business investment. There’s more great info in the Premium Library (including 13 fantastic webinars that can help your business now). More huge savings from more top-notch advisors (no kidding, you can save many hundreds of dollars -- even thousands -- on training in sales, construction accounting, SEO, performance benchmarking, more). And dare I say more to come?
  • Third, I want you to get as much from d5R as does John MacDougall, founder of JMC Development. Thursday night, John sent me a note that read, in part: "Thank you so much for your sincere efforts and the impact you have made on me and my business.” And that was after I told him that others would get d5R Premium for less than he paid several months ago (nice guy, eh?).
  • Fourth, if you and enough other pros upgrade, you’ll help ensure that d5R can continue to publish -- and evolve and improve, for the benefit of my favorite profession -- for another 14 months. Or, preferably, 14 years.
Finally, another note I got yesterday from another d5R Premium subscriber. He said I can share it with you:

"Your insights and support for those of us who need to go to one source to get our daily information, and quickly at that, make your service stand out above the others out there. Keep up the great work you are doing."

I’d love to. Heck, maybe I'll even be able to hire a proper staff!

So, thanks for getting d5R and hearing my, um, “pitch,” dear readers. Please know that regardless of whether you decide to upgrade, I’m genuinely delighted to have you on board. Wishing you a great weekend and a safe, happy Thanksgiving.

Leah Thayer
daily5REMODEL
leah@daily5Remodel.com

p.s. Click here to upgrade your subscription. If the system doesn't recognize you, please take a minute to log in using your email and password. Can't remember your password? Shoot me a note and I'll find it for you.

p.p.s. Are you an American Express cardholder? Then you might want to wait to upgrade next Saturday, Nov. 26. It's Small Business Saturday, and AmEx will offer a $25 statement credit to registered cardholders who use their card at a participating small business. I’ll be supporting my favorite small businesses that day, and I hope you will too. Click here for details and tips for promoting your own small business!

1 comment:

russian bride mail order said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.